Re: brand new to this stuff, need starting advice

JoAnn

My 300mm lens and D5300 get me 5.478 arcsec/pixel according to astrobin. The worm gear is 144 teeth.
I could go with a higher torque motor rated at 2 amps rather than the .4 amp one. It's not like I am going to be slewing around all night. Just to one target then tracking after that.
TBH I just want a working mount and fancy the idea of DIY. I have built all my own scopes but never have done electronics. I am hoping to have this done for Jupiter prime time with my 6" Newt. and USB camera.