Understanding settings on config files

Chris Vaughan

Maybe this question is redundant given the development of the config files that is happening, but I just don't understand why there are 3 commands for the stepping mode.
#define AXIS1_MODE_OFF
#define AXIS1_MODE_GOTO_OFF
#define AXIS1_STEP_GOTO 1

After all there are just two stepping modes - for tracking and GOTO? I figure the first line is to set the microstepping while tracking (correct?) But the others both seem to be setting microstepping for GOTO?? I've looked through the old yahoo discussions and can't seem to find a simple answer
When I figure this out I'll have more questions about settings for the SPI mode with the TMC2130 ...