Problem with TMC2130s

Chris Vaughan

Maybe this problem is because I bought cheapo ebay TM2130s, but I can't source the proper ones in Australia. I've got the miniPCB built, running the current alpha version via bluetooth, with polulo1209 steppers. It all worked well with TMC2100s with CFG1-GND, CFG2/3 open for 16microstep, using
DRIVER_MODEL TMC2100
AXISn_MICROSTEPS 16
AXIS1_MICROSTEPS_GOTO_OFF

But problems occur with the TMC2130.
This works:
DRIVER_MODEL TMC2130_VQUIET(and with _LOWPWR)
AXISn_MICROSTEPS 64
AXIS1_MICROSTEPS_GOTO_OFF

But this fails when slewing:
DRIVER_MODEL TMC2130_QUIET
AXISn_MICROSTEPS 64
AXIS1_MICROSTEPS_GOTO_OFF
It starts to slew then when reaches a certain speed it stalls, and starts again when it slows down at the end of the slew. Tracking is OK

And this fails during tracking and slewing:
DRIVER_MODEL TMC2130_QUIET
AXISn_MICROSTEPS 64
AXIS1_MICROSTEPS_GOTO_OFF
Same problem when slewing. And during tracking its does large single steps every second or so.

So its seems to be a problem with the spreadCycle?
It does this whether I run at 12V or 24V. And when I set Vref to 0.5, 1 or 1.5V.
It does it no matter what I use for MaxRate (16 - 128). Might note that it works fine even with MaxRate=16 with TMC2130_VQUIET.
It also happened when I used the beta version of onstep.
NB: my TMC2130s came with the bridge soldered. I removed this. Sure I did this properly as (i) I inspected it with a magnifying glass, (ii) I measured the resistance across the pads (very large), (iii) it didn't work properly at all until I removed the bridge.

Any ideas where I have stuffed up? I'd just stick with stealthMode, but would prefer spreadCycle as it supposedly delivers more power/reliability?