Second OnStep project

Mihai Gavrilciuc

An old  EQ-5 clone recovered from flo market;disassembled,polished a lot,new lithium grease,dismounted and rebuilded the worm gear cage supports to make easier  and  more precise the adjustement of the  worm gear against the ring gear;steppers 09 A,NEMA17,drivers LV87XX,STM32 microcontroller,1 to 4 mechanical reduction;it works flawlessly,smooth moving,no noise.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Nice work. Thanks for sharing this with the group Mihai.

You are using aviation style plugs? That coil cable is good too. Avoids stiffness. Is it just 4 wire telephone cable?

Looking forward for details and pictures on your big mount with the big Dall-Kirkham.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Added to the showcase ...

Mihai Gavrilciuc

Yes,the plugs are aviation style...full metal,sturdy connection,using 4 wire telephone cable...I also need a second SHC kit.
   This mount will be used for the DK 7" F/26...after learning the manual/auto plate solving....the big garden mount will drive the 6" refractor(F/10,about 2m long,binoviewer friendly),but for the outside picture we have to wait a bit...still frozen here,no joy to stay in the garden now.

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 21:15:21 EET, Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:

Added to the showcase ...