"Align" button greyed out

Khalid Baheyeldin

For the record: my tests were done with the latest OnStep, but with the
D1 Mini flashed with an old version of WiFi-Bluetooth (2.22 or so).

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

Edited

No, bluetooth. But I will give error correction a try. The problem seems to be in the recent versions though. I will try to see if there are any observable factors that come into play.

I agree with the long press, I just didn't think of it. Maybe a line of text at the bottom of the screen? "Long Press button (> 1 second)Β  to accept alignment"

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 02:22 PM, Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ wrote:

Attached is a pic of the screen. The "Align", "RevNS" and RevEW" buttons have the grey lettering. It doesn't show well in the pictures. The button reverses work (some of the time) Also the North and West button can hang and keep the motor running until you push another button.
In the Connection activity where you enter the IP check the "error correction" box, see if that improves things. (assuming WiFi?)

Khalid Baheyeldin

Yeah, a long press is not obvious, but it is safer on those pesky touch screens.

But greyed out has nothing to do with long or short press. When the slew ends (beeeep) all buttons that can be used are red.

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

Thnx, I don't think I would have ever guessed the long press in this case.

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

New info and possible workaround for now. For fun I went into the main "guide/focus" screen. The one where the buttons fill the screen. I unchecked the "Lock" checkbox and the align button turned red (the mini guide screen in the alignment menu is always red, locked or not). I clicked it and got a "alignment success" The button then turned to a "Sync" button.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Here is what I did trying to reproduce this.

Flashed my STM32 with today's master (3.0f).
From Android, select Initialize, and 1 Star Align.
Selected Alioth in UMa.
After the slew completed, the Align was red (not grey).
I long pressed Align, and OK at the prompt, and got align successful.
Then selected Bright stars, then Alkaid (also in UMa), and after the slew completed, the Sync button was red.
Long pressed it, and it Synced.

The 3 dot menu has Lock checked. I never change this, since I did not need to reverse, ..etc.

I repeated the above with 3 Stars (Alioth, Alkaid, and Arcturus), and it all worked too.

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

Pic didn't attach to last post, here it is.

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

If you are referring to the "Locked" checkbox, I have tried it both ways. I thought it just locked the guide speed. Anyway I can guide the scope fine.

Attached is a pic of the screen. The "Align", "RevNS" and RevEW" buttons have the grey lettering. It doesn't show well in the pictures. The button reverses work (some of the time) Also the North and West button can hang and keep the motor running until you push another button.

Anyway pushing the Align button generates a click but nothing else. If I look at the initial data screen I still see "Last Align?" If I select another star it says "AlignΒ  in progress" This is why I believe the button is not imputing the align data.

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 10:11 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
No idea why it would happen.
...well thinking about it, perhaps you simply didn't unlock the Guide/Focus pad?Β  That's on the menu button (three dots, top-right of screen when in the Guide/Focus activity.)

This thing is made for working in the dark by feel so it defaults to locked so you don't accidentally trigger that button.

Howard Dutton

If you were to provide me with enough information perhaps I would have a shot at reproducing the problem.

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 08:18 AM, Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ wrote:
When I attempt to do an alignment everything is good but the "Align" button is greyed out. It clicks but I get no "alignment successful" or other confirmation. Could this be because I start with Tracking On?
Can't reproduce this.Β
No idea why it would happen.

Drew πŸ”­πŸ“·πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ