Classic byers mount on Astromart for a great price..

John Scherer

I'm not the current owner of this or in any way affiliated with him but, if anyone is looking for a great mount for conversion to Onstep, this Byers 812 mount would be a fantastic candidate.  I wish I had $1500!

Khalid Baheyeldin

I saw this on the Canadian AstroBuySell web site.

Anytime I hear Byers, I listen carefully.

That is until I saw this part: "Sector gear design provides 2 hours of continuous tracking and instant push button reset".

And if you read here (and subsequent comments), you see that indeed it needs to be reset every so often, which makes it less than ideal for a Goto mount.

Bummer ..

John Scherer

That is indeed, too bad.. I didn't know that about those mounts.