Topics

411 Blackpill

davidgreenway@...

I have received 2 of these today. Is there a working configuration I could use for testing?

Yes.  Use the STM32Duino libraries in Arduino and select the STM32F411 Blackpill board just like this (pay attention to selections):

In Config.h select the MaxSTM3 PINMAP.  I just made some changes to the design to make it more "generic" so a DS3231 RTC module can be used to provide the EEPROM (AT24C32.)  For that to work you must add #define NV_AT24C32 to your Config.h file since the default EEPROM on the MaxSTM3.6 PCB is a different part.  Note that uploading is through the device's usb port.

You can see what pin does what in the MaxSTM pinmap file.

Taking a look at the MaxSTM3.6 might help... it's not really much different than what you have (i.e. same pins are available and used in the same way and the Blackpill F411 is what I started with):
https://easyeda.com/hdutton/maxstm3-6_cp_p

Howard Dutton

Are you in the US?

davidgreenway@...

No Portugal, you sent me a bluepill kit a couple of months ago, without the STM32. I had issues with the 64k limit. I will give it a go thanks.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 06:43 AM, <davidgreenway@...> wrote:
you sent me a bluepill kit a couple of months ago
No that wasn't me, that was probably George Cushing, who I have no connection with.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Please be aware that the Black Pill STM32F411 is not compatible with the Blue Pill PCB.
It is from a different line (F4) and has a very different pinout.

Some members of the community are testing replacement modules for the Blue Pill, which do not suffer the 64K limit.
We did get it working, and after some more testing we will announce it to the community.
This should hopefully be in the next two weeks or so.

davidgreenway@...

OK in breadboard basic configuration, I have the 411 and DS3231 talking "on-step#". I used the uart board to upload as I don't have a USB-C cable. I disabled USB support just for testing.

Khalid Baheyeldin

For the rest of the functionality, look at the MaxSTM board schematic, and stick to the same pin assignments.
That means you need to do a perfboard or stripboard build though.

davidgreenway@...

Right, will thanks.

George Cushing

I don't think so. Paypal search:

Sorry, no results found for davidgreenway@... from October 25, 2019 to October 25, 2020.

davidgreenway@...

I purchased the kit on 5/6/2020
Kit C
I have a DS3231 and STM32 already
Using a different email address @annamatt.co.uk

You replied:
That's good, I am out of the CP2101 and agave been waiting for 5 weeks for an order of 100.

Thanks, George
https://www.stmbluepillkits.com/

George Cushing

OK, I remember that and so does Paypal.