Topics

Unable to connect with Onstep via USB in Linux

simingx@...

Hi all,
I'm having a strange problem in Linux (on a Raspberry Pi), if I connect via Wifi using v3.0 ESP firmware it works, but not via USB.
The serial port (/dev/ttyACM0) is detected but the driver can't communicate with the Onstep controller.
It works fine under Windows with Sky Planetarium.
I've tried reflashing the Teensy with no improvement.

Has anyone else encountered this? Short of changing out a Teensy board I can't quite think of what else to do next.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Maybe you don't have the proper udev rules?

See here https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_linux.html

simingx@...

Hmm, tried that and there's no difference, warrants further investigation :)
Wifi on port 9998 seems to be stable for now, so I'll use that for the time being but I'm quite curious as to why it's suddenly stopped working.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 07:24 PM, <simingx@...> wrote:
Hmm, tried that and there's no difference, warrants further investigation :)
Did you restart the udev daemon? Or reboot?

Wifi on port 9998 seems to be stable for now, so I'll use that for the time being
That port has been stable for me too. Same in Dave's testing. Hopefully Howard will enable it by default based on these three confirmations.

simingx@...

Yup I've tried rebooting and reinstalling the OS, even used a previous known working image and it still doesn't work. It still gets detected and shows up in lsusb, so I'm not sure what's going on...
I'll use wifi for now, saves me a cable too :)