STM32 Blue Pill Setup

tnut55

I am trying to setup my Blue Pill for the first time to configure the arduino IDE.  I have only the Blue Pill and USB adapter on a breadboard with nothing else hooked up.  This will eventually go onto an Onstep board but for now I am doing this for another project.

I've watched several videos as well as have read the WIKI for setup and am a little confused.  The main question is where does the Blue Pill get its power?  The WIKI instructs to connect the RX/PA9, TX/PA10 and the GND between the USB adapter and BP but says nothing about the 3.3V from what I see.  A lot of videos indicate to set the USB adapter output voltage to 3.3v and connect it but also say something about hooking the BP to USB power.  A video by Great Scott shows him hooking the BP directly to a 5v USB supply.

I don't want to end this before I even start.  Will the 3.3v supply from the USB adapter be sufficient for now to power the BP with no other power connections or do I need to hook something else up?

Mark

tnut55

Never mind...figured it out!