star alignment method question

Dan Sawyer

There was a topic a year or so ago about a base alignment method that set to a star and then cleared the current correction offsets, I do not remember the names, and then performed goto. The base alz and alt are then aligned to correct the error.

At the time this was described as in development. Is it now in production? If so waht is it called? Are there instructions?

I have experimented with a similar technique for alignment and am interested in using it.

Thanks for any help in following this up.

Dan

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 07:06 PM, Dan Sawyer wrote:
There was a topic a year or so ago about a base alignment method that set to a star and then cleared the current correction offsets, I do not remember the names, and then performed goto. The base alz and alt are then aligned to correct the error.

At the time this was described as in development. Is it now in production? If so waht is it called? Are there instructions?

I have experimented with a similar technique for alignment and am interested in using it.
It is called Refine Polar Alignment (Refine PA in the Android App).
Yes, it is now released.

Documentation is on the Wiki.