Topics

Usage of internal RTC in Teensy 3.6 or GPS on serial port

Thomas Westerhoff

OnStep  supports the internal RTC of a Teensy3.2, but I have a Teensy3.6 on the MaxPCB2. Does the Teensy3.6 internal RTC work with the library in "src/lib/RTC.h" ? I have connected a battery to the Teensy3.6. In Paul Stoffregen's library which is included in RTC.h  is also a function "TimeGPS" . Has anyone ever worked with this function and a GPS module on a Serial port of the Teensy3.6. This would be an interesting variant, because you could determine the current observation position from the GPS at once.

--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany

Howard Dutton

Don't think anyone has used that with a T3.6 but I would expect it to work.

But why... the MaxPCB2 has a socket for the DS3231, the DS3231 is more accurate, and it's dirt cheap.

Howard Dutton

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 04:11 AM, <thomas.westerhoff24@...> wrote:
This would be an interesting variant, because you could determine the current observation position from the GPS at once.
I intend to do this at some point.

Thomas Westerhoff

I used the MaxPCB2 schematics but I build a different PCB layout, because our mount has different connectors and I didnt want to modfy them.
--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany
http://sternwarte-kirchheim.de/
https://www.facebook.com/VolkssternwarteKirchheim/

Thomas Westerhoff

Hello Howard.

I checked the the T3.6 RTC and it works with the "#define RTC  TEENSY" in config.h. :-) (3V Battery needs to be installed and connected to the VBat and GND pins)
This would actually make the external RTC in the MaxPCB2 unnecessary.
--

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 11:01 AM, <thomas.westerhoff24@...> wrote:
This would actually make the external RTC in the MaxPCB2 unnecessary.
DS3231 is easier to implement, no interest in that.