Gearing number

Mstephens86@...

Hello all. I bought a onstep assembled, I printed a 3d box. And I am ready to load my final software.
(I have already loaded arduino, driver/libs, and SUCCESSFULLY compile the master example.
I needed help with final numbers below to be used in my configuration/system.  thank you in advance
I Have cg5 mount:
144:1 i think
200 step steppers
64 microsteps lv8729
3:1  60 & 20 teeth gt2 timing pullies
steps per degree _________________
steps per wormrot ________________

Khalid Baheyeldin

Your calculations are as follows:

200, 64, 144 = 15360.0 steps per degree
steps per worm rotation = 38400

You should download and fill in the information in this spreadsheet, since there are other
things (slewing rate degree / second)

http://www.stellarjourney.com/assets/downloads/OnStep-Calculations.xls

Mstephens86@...

 Is this right the right way to use the calculator.. thx

Khalid Baheyeldin

yes, that is correct.
Except that you can increase the Slew Rate, from 1 deg/sec to ~ 3 deg/sec or more.
Start with 3, then if it works, try 5.