How to connect stepper to rj45 connector? + More

Michel Boers

I prefer to use GX12 connectors with 4 pins, they are much more weather proof. After a while RJ45 connectors are not so reliable where I live.

Matt

Thanks guys!

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 8:12 PM Roman Hujer <roman@...> wrote:

I am use this PCB https://easyeda.com/hujer.roman/ra_and_dec_pcb is easy make at home

Roman Hujer

I am use this PCB https://easyeda.com/hujer.roman/ra_and_dec_pcb is easy make at home

George Cushing

In a pinch I've just cut the AUX1 and AUX 2 junctions off another MiniPCBv2 board. Really not much more expensive than the commercial products and they ARE on hand.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 02:58 PM, Matt wrote:
I almost attained everything needed for a working build. I got a Minipcbv2 to which motors connect by a rj45 jack. Anyone have time to tell me how to do that? My motors came with naked wires, without a connector. Am I supposed to buy a connector to which I just insert these wires? If so which one? One more thing, after I do everything and it works. How do I connect my board to the pc to use it over stellarium and such? Will connecting it via mini usb fry the teensy4.0?
The basic idea is to have each wire from the motor go onto two adjacent wires inside the Ethernet cable that you will use to connect both sides (mount side, and controller side).

There are two RJ45 breakout boards.

One is this, which I use.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-PCB-RJ45-8P8C-to-Screwless-Terminal-Connector-and-Breakout-Board-Kit/253166301331
Also available from Amazon/eBay/AliExpress/etc.

I soldered 8 pins, then soldered a bridge between each two adjacent pins (1 and 2, and 3 and 4, and so on).
That way, the electric signal from one motor wire is divided between two wires over the Ethernet cable.

To make things tidy, you can use an 8-pin Molex KK or similar and connect the 4 wires coming from the motor to every other pin.

The other is a screw terminal like this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950371992.html?

Whatever you end up with, you should be able to use unmodified standard Ethernet cables. The flat ones are better because they don't stiffen in the cold, like the regular ones.

Before

Matt

Forgot to add an image.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 8:58 PM Matt via groups.io <mat.jakicevic=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello guys,

I almost attained everything needed for a working build. I got a Minipcbv2 to which motors connect by a rj45 jack. Anyone have time to tell me how to do that? My motors came with naked wires, without a connector. Am I supposed to buy a connector to which I just insert these wires? If so which one? One more thing, after I do everything and it works. How do I connect my board to the pc to use it over stellarium and such? Will connecting it via mini usb fry the teensy4.0?

Thank you guys! I appreciate your work on this.

Matt

Hello guys,