Topics

OnStep need help

robert utecht

well so far so good almost done Im in the Validate.h and its giving me a  # error "configuration (config.h): you must specify a pinmap!"  Where did I place it  I am using stm32.

Robert

Jas

Hi Robert,
From the Wiki: (https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/18095)

The Config.h file settings are categorized as follows:

PINMAP

This lets OnStep know what hardware it's going to be running on.  This also controls which pin-map is associated and which micro-controllers (MCU) aka "Boards" (Mega2560, Teensy3.x, STM32, etc.) are allowed.

Parameter Name

  • PINMAP
    • Default Value: OFF
    • Other ValuesMiniPCB, MiniPCB2, MaxPCB, MaxPCB2, STM32Blue, Ramps14, MaxESP2, MaxESP3
    • Notes The most common selections are listed above, see OnStep's Constants.h file for the complete list.
    • Reminder: Micro-controllers are selected in the Arduino IDE's menu Tools->Board

Hope this helps

Jas

Khalid Baheyeldin

There are recent posts of a few people struggling to edit the Config.h, even after the changes in 3.x making it easier.
This is inevitable as the OnStep user base grows, with more people who have no programming experience.

Maybe I will change the Online Configuration Generator to work with the new format of Config.h.
This should reduce user frustration and make for less support requests.

Still, for robert utecht, I am waiting for the driver model, then I can send you a working Config.h file.

Jas

You are absolutely right Khalid. I, for one, have very very limited experience with code. The last time I was in a physics class was in 1979 and it’s  kinda foggy after all these years. And in the intervening years been in a profession that has nothing to with the subjects on hand.  I have learnt to solder and am slowly learning the other stuff.

Your input is invaluable.

Thanks

Jas

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 05:44 PM, Jas wrote:
The last time I was in a physics class was in 1979 and it’s  kinda foggy after all these years.
I think my last formal physics classes were a few years before. But in recent years, I re-learned (and got updated on) parts of physics, simply because astronomy and cosmology are built on top of physics.

I have learnt to solder and am slowly learning the other stuff.
Same here.

Anyway, the OnStep Configuration Generator has been resurrected ...