OnStep astroberry problems

tomax1@...

Używam OnStep w starszej wersji 2.0.6 na arduino mega2560 z astroberry 2.0.0. Po aktualizacji astroberry do 2.0.3 popraw się problem z komunikacją usb, astroberry zawiesza się, nie zawsze przełącza się w sterowanie, sterowanie ręczne działa bardzo późno lub wcale. Czy ktoś miał taki problem?
I am using OnStep in the older version 2.0.6 on an arduino mega2560 with astroberry 2.0.0. After upgrading astroberry to 2.0.3, please correct the usb communication problem, astroberry hangs, does not always switch to control, manual control is very late or not at all. Has anyone had such a problem?

Alessandro Pensato

the problem was related to the INDI driver that cause these kind of problem.
This seems to be solved with KStars 3.5.0, that is not available on Astroberry. You can try to compile it from sources or take it from other repository like https://ppa.stellarmate.com/repos/apt/stable/pool/main/k/kstars-bleeding/

I do not know if there are problems with dependences or other stuff

Il 13/10/2020 09:54, tomax1@op.pl ha scritto:
Używam OnStep w starszej wersji 2.0.6 na arduino mega2560 z
astroberry 2.0.0. Po aktualizacji astroberry do 2.0.3 popraw się
problem z komunikacją usb, astroberry zawiesza się, nie zawsze
przełącza się w sterowanie, sterowanie ręczne działa bardzo późno
lub wcale. Czy ktoś miał taki problem?
I am using OnStep in the older version 2.0.6 on an arduino mega2560 with astroberry 2.0.0. After upgrading astroberry to 2.0.3, please correct the usb communication problem, astroberry hangs, does not always switch to control, manual control is very late or not at all. Has anyone had such a problem?

tomax1@...

Yes, with astroberry 2.0.3, OnStep only works correctly in version 4.17, tested.

tomax1@...

Tak, z astroberry 2.0.3 OnStep działa poprawnie tylko w wersji 4.17, przetestowanej.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 01:13 PM, Alessandro Pensato wrote:
or take it from other repository like https://ppa.stellarmate.com/repos/apt/stable/pool/main/k/kstars-bleeding/

I do not know if there are problems with dependences or other stuff
You can install .deb packages and ask that dependencies be installed using gdebi.

First install gdebi from your normal repo:

sudo apt-get install gdebi

Then download the .deb that you want installed, and use gdebi

sudo gdebi ./package.deb

You will be asked to confirm if you want to proceed, and a list of dependencies will be
presented (hopefully they are all in your regular repo too).
Make sure that there are no problems before you confirm.