Blue Pill

robert utecht

Good Moring I am flashing an Bluepill  board and getting and getting an error. When I verify ( compile ) OnStep everything is fine the problem is when I upload to the board I get the error stm_32programmer_cli.exe , not found where do I find that and where do I install it ?

                                                        Robert

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM, robert utecht wrote:
when I upload to the board I get the error stm_32programmer_cli.exe , not found where do I find that and where do I install it ?
https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

robert utecht

Hi Khalid,   I just want to say thank you for all you time you have given to everyone, I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for acknowledgment
                                                                                                    Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest your device  then try again.

   I did everything it told me to do and checked everything.
   Thanks again

                                 Robert

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:
I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for acknowledgment
Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest your device  then try again.
Can someone who uses STM32CubeProgrammer help Robert, since I don't use it myself?

robert utecht

Thanks Khalid I'm just wondering why Is Just me?

Bob

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:
I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for acknowledgment
Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest your device  then try again.
Can someone who uses STM32CubeProgrammer help Robert, since I don't use it myself?

Dave Schwartz

Did you change the upload method to the one with 'serial' in it?

All described in the Blue Pill Wiki.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@... <mailto:kbahey@...>> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:

I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when
I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then
gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for
acknowledgment
Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode
configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest
your device  then try again.

Can someone who uses STM32CubeProgrammer help Robert, since I
don't use it myself?

robert utecht

Yes I did.

Thank you.

On 2020-11-10 3:32 p.m., robert utecht wrote:
> Thanks Khalid I'm just wondering why Is Just me?
>
> Bob
>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...
> <mailto:kbahey@...>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:
>
>         I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when
>         I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then
>         gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for
>         acknowledgment
>         Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode
>         configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest
>         your device  then try again.
>
>     Can someone who uses STM32CubeProgrammer help Robert, since I
>     don't use it myself?

robert utecht

I tried everything.

On 2020-11-10 3:32 p.m., robert utecht wrote:
> Thanks Khalid I'm just wondering why Is Just me?
>
> Bob
>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...
> <mailto:kbahey@...>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:
>
>         I downloaded the stm programmer and installed no problem when
>         I now upload the the bluepill it goes farther in but then
>         gives me an     Timeout Error occurred while waiting for
>         acknowledgment
>         Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode
>         configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest
>         your device  then try again.
>
>     Can someone who uses STM32CubeProgrammer help Robert, since I
>     don't use it myself?

Plamen Dimitrov

Hi Robert,
it isn’t happening to only you - I’ve been getting the exactly same message in Arduino. It happening to me this week. The only difference  is that I’m a Mac user. Again, as required for master branch  I installed STM32Cube Programer (serial) but was getting exactly  the error you reported.
I reset stm32 ( with the button) and then arduino has shown success (0x8000000) , but my stm32 didn’t work because the module usbtottl cp2102 develop a fault. After replacing the cp2102 it took me a whole day to repeat the upload onstep until getting to work properly as before. All onstep uploads yesterday wasn’t working as the Stm32 green light didn’t come up or if the green light came up the wifi light didn’t come up steady. Finally , I decided to give up and forget for wifi ( the controller was working without wifi)when all went OK in my last attempt.

so keep trying and wish you luck.
+ Plamen

Mike Ahner

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 12:52 PM, robert utecht wrote:
Timeout Error occurred while waiting for acknowledgment
                                                                                                    Error :  Accutivling device: KO, please verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration : Rest your device  then try again.
Hi Robert, this error means you have an incorrect com port selected. This could be caused by not selecting the correct port in the drop down box in the Arduino IDE or it could be that you're using a charging only USB cable or maybe a bad cable.

First I would open "Device Manager" in Windows and make sure you have a COM port for the Silicon Labs CP210x USB device when the cable is plugged in to it. If you unplug the cable with Device Manager open, you'll see the COM port for Silicon Labs disappear.

I just had that happen as I was testing this setup to help you, the first cable I picked up was a charge only USB cable so I got exactly the same error message as you did. Replacing that with a data USB cable added the new COM5 and the upload went without error. You might also have a bad cable, the micro USB connector is very small and fragile.

Mike Ahner

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 04:15 PM, Plamen Dimitrov wrote:
but my stm32 didn’t work because the module usbtottl cp2102 develop a fault.
This is also a possibility especially because of the micro USB connector. They are fragile, especially for testing purposes. I usually use a short cable into a USB extension cable so that I plug and unplug the 2 cables rather than the connector on the CP210x board.

robert utecht

Thank you Mike I will check out the cables, sounds right.

Robert

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 10:30 PM Mike Ahner <mahner@...> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 04:15 PM, Plamen Dimitrov wrote:
but my stm32 didn’t work because the module usbtottl cp2102 develop a fault.
This is also a possibility especially because of the micro USB connector. They are fragile, especially for testing purposes. I usually use a short cable into a USB extension cable so that I plug and unplug the 2 cables rather than the connector on the CP210x board.

njgood51

Is this a new bluepill board. When  it is powered up is the green led flashing fast. Check the stm chip markings. If they read STM32F, 103C8T6, 9910X, RR93 then it may be the same as the two boards i have just spent hours trying to get to upload to. If you have a usb to serial module  connect TX to pin Pa9, RX to PA10, grn and 3.3v and try and upload  a blink sketch. Dont power the bluepill board from its usb  port but use the 3.3v power from the serial module. I had the same error messages with my two boards. I could not upload anything to them using the serial. I finaly managed using a generic ST-Link v2 connected to the four pins on the end. connect grn to grn swclk to swclk and swio to swdio. Dont connect 3.3v as the blue pill will get its power supply from onstep. Connect the ST-link to the computer. In ide change the board parameter to STM32Cubeprogramer (SWD) is selected. Using this method i managed to upload Onstep to both boards.

Khalid Baheyeldin

Robert,

See the Troubleshooting section on the Wiki page for the Blue Pill.
Some members have reported a bad resistor, which prevents the chip from
going into programming (flash) mode. The fix is easy, just solder over
the resistor, and try again.