Suggestion for the FYSETC S6 WIKI (Windows)

Gerry Byrne

Starting to get my head around the preparations for flashing the FYSETC S6 but one of the issues that delayed me was not being able to find the stm32CubeProg.bat file in the Arduino15 folder  that required address line editing. Searches, both directory based and system wide, failed to locate it until I decided that perhaps it did not exist. So I reinstalled the Arduino and CubeProgrammer software and tried again. System wide searches, using either the full filename or *.bat failed to locate it. A more focussed search in the Arduino15 directory using the full filename finally found it after a search ran for more than 15 minutes. My aging computer is slow but I could not believe it took could take that long.

All of which is a long way of suggesting that the bullet pointed Wiki line Open File Manager and navigate to ~\AppData\Local\Arduino15 in Software sub-heading Important, be changed to read:

Open File manager and navigate to  ~AppData\Local\Arduino15\Packages\STM32\Tools\STM32tools\1.4.0\tools\win\STM32CubeProg.bat.
Open the file STM32CubeProg.bat in your favourite editor (etc, etc)

Gerry Byrne

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.~

View/Reply Online (#24989) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

--
Copernicus

Dave Schwartz

In order to preserve the original intent as well as to provide this shortcut, I've changed it to:

* locate the file stm32CubeProg.bat. It should be at
~AppData\Local\Arduino15\Packages\STM32\Tools\STM32tools\1.4.0\tools\win\STM32CubeProg.bat
but if the location changes in the future due to package updates you
may need to search for it starting at ~\AppData\Local\Arduino15.

On 2021-01-10 9:19 a.m., Gerry Byrne wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#24989) <https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/message/24989> | Reply To Group <mailto:main@onstep.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bonstep%5D%20FYSETC%20S6%20WITH%20NEO%207M%20GPS> | Reply To Sender <mailto:jalonsodiaz07@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bonstep%5D%20FYSETC%20S6%20WITH%20NEO%207M%20GPS> | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/76530305/1922829> | New Topic <https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/post>

Gerry Byrne

Good thinking.
Gerry

--