Please help how the confing.h settings for EQ-2 should be #eq2

Please help how the confing settings for EQ-2 should be.,
I looked at the spreadsheet, but I didn't understand much. how to configure Dec and ra for eq2. There are 60 teeth and 15 teeth pulley belt system.my motor drivers A4988. I have no knowledge of the required and desired rotation speed, how to calculate the desired micro steps and where to write them.help edit the confing h file . Sorry for my bad English, I use translation services when I write.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 05:03 AM, sami wrote:
how to configure Dec and ra for eq2. There are 60 teeth and 15 teeth pulley belt system.my motor drivers A4988. I have no knowledge of the required and desired rotation speed, how to calculate the desired micro steps and where to write them.help edit the confing h file .
You need to know a few things:
- What are the number of teeth on the worm wheel for each axis (RA and DEC)? This goes into GR2.
If this is an EQ3, then it can be many things, e.g. 130 RA, and 65 DEC.
You can see how many turns of the worm gear to move 90 degrees, and calculate.

- The gear ratio of the pulleys (60 / 15 = 4:1), so GR1 = 4

- What is the motor steps per degree? This is 200 for 1.8 degree, and 400 for 0.9 degree.

- The A4988 is limited to 1/16 and cannot exceed that. You can get better drivers, such as the LV8729.

When you have all the info from the above, go to the Online Configuration Generator, and it will create a Config.h file for you.

130 RA. 65. there are jumpers under each motor drive. I tried to create a configuration, but it was very irrelevant. : (it is really a very difficult job without information. which is the best driver you will recommend.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 05:08 PM, sami wrote:
130 RA. 65.
So for the Online Config Generator, use the following:

Version = use 4.x and download the beta
Board = ???
Desired Slew Rate = 2
Steps Per Worm Wheel Rotation = 0 (for now)
GR1 = 4
GR2 = 130 for Axis 1
GR2 = 65 for Axis 2
Microsteps = 16 (until you get other drivers)

Leave everything else as default, and you will have

there are jumpers under each motor drive. I tried to create a configuration, but it was very irrelevant. : (it is really a very difficult job without information.
We also need information.
Which board are you using?
Which motors?
You also need to set Vref as described in the Wiki.

which is the best driver you will recommend.
Depends on the board and motors.
Provide that info first, then we will advise.

mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 NEMA 17 200 step stepper motor dc

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 05:18 PM, sami wrote:
mega 2560 and ramps 1.4
Page 4 here shows an image on where to set the jumpers for the A4988.

https://www.reprap.org/mediawiki/images/0/06/RAMPS_dossier.pdf

NEMA 17 200 step stepper motor dc
So select 1.8 degree in the Online Config Gen.

Use the other values I listed in my previous reply.
That way, you get a Config.h generated for you.

  • ERROR: Steps per degree for axis 2: [75111.11111111111] exceeds OnStep limit of 61200
  • he gave this error

Khalid Baheyeldin

You made a mistake.

It should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zV3cm7U.png

I thank very much. yes, I made a mistake in my article 4----130 4----65 I wrote

Marius Ungureanu

Hello, i am just starting a project based on ramps 1.4 and eq1, i wonder the following: eq2 like eq1 can’t make a 360degrees turn on it’s DEC axis, it has just a few degrees of turn on eyther side, is this a problem for a GoTo project?