Alt Motor Halts until Reboot #error #fysetc

Ken

So a problem I thought I solved, came back. My ALT motor stops after 2nd star alignment is completed. No manual ability to move it, not goto, even attempting to goto home manually resetting doesn't help. If I reboot the FYSETC S6 2 board, it works again just fine until the second star alignment. I swapped the t5160 drivers with each other and both motors work for a few minutes then the ALT stops...until i reboot it. AZ keeps functioning normally.

I thought this was solved when I reconfigured config.h to use FYSETC_S6_2.

Thoughts?

Khalid Baheyeldin

Did you set or change the overhead limit?

Ken

No I did not.

Khalid Baheyeldin

I don't know about Alt-Az mounts, but OnStep's default is that the overhead limit is 80 degrees.
When OnStep hits that limit, movement will stop.

Check what your overhead limit is, from the Android App (3 dot menu -> Limits).

Then check if OnStep stops when Alt reaches that 80 degree limit or not.
You may want to change that, but after you make sure that it is safe for the mount to do so.