eq 4 mount help

Is there a nema 17 connection stl file for EQ4

Edited

Hi Sami,

could you be somehow  be more precise? There are serveral EQ-4 versions outside. Which manufactor? Probaly a link to the exact product and a photo would be helpful. I searched for you in Google and Yeggi.com but did not find any STL. Sorry.

For a "ready to go"-solution you can look here: http://www.astro-electronic.de/eq4.htm This gives you probably an idea how to realise it. But I personally would work with a belt and pulley (GT2) - not with gears (belt/pulley -> almost no backslash :-) ). You should be able so to construct something with Fusion 360 (Hobby-Version ist free). As long as there exist some holes for screws it should be possible.

Cheers Axel

George Cushing

Axle's illustrates the problem with generic model designations. The page show what is clearly Synta Vixen GP copy, which the site identifies as a EQ-4. The mount pictured is very much like the current Synta (SkyWatcher) EQ-5. Many of us will recognize this as the Celestron CG-5 (Celestron German mount 5). Somewhere along the line Celestron had marketed 4 earlier German mounts and so the EQ-4 became a 5.

The Synta EQ-5 is internally different from the EQ-4 and that justifies the numeral upgrade, I guess. At Celestron they went with ASCG-5 or Advanced Series to denote the upgrades.

Bottom line, this is one of those places where posting a photo of the mount will save everyone a lot of time.

On YouTube, there's a roman hujer.
It's the same. the one he used
 I'm trying to do the prints.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4386847

George Cushing

In this group is a Roman Hujer, too. I'm sure he will be glad to answer any questions. He's been very generous with his time and work.

I hope he sees and helps me.

James Lancaster

If it's got a large pin that ra attached to, like the meade 6600, I can upload files for RA at least (my dec was diy). (Thought I had, but can't find it on thingiverse.) I think the mount, a licensed Mizar was the basis of the original EQ4. Though EQ4 is a lot more shrouded in history for me, than any other.

(If you edit and re-edit posts, it sends an email for each one.)

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021, 15:25 Axel <apos@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Sami,

could you be somehow  be more precise? There are serveral EQ-4 versions outside. Which manufactor? Probaly a link to the exact product and a photo would be helpful. I searched for you in Google and Yeggi.com but did not find any STL. Sorry.

For a "ready to go"-solution you can look here: http://www.astro-electronic.de/eq4.htm This gives you probably an idea how to realise it. But I personally would work with a belt and pulley (GT2) - not with gears (belt/pulley -> almost no backslash :-) ). You should be able so to construct something with Fusion 360 (Hobby-Version ist free). As long as there exist some holes for screws it should be possible.

Cheers Axel

George Cushing

Based on the many contacts I've had with OnStep builders a majority of conversions have been performed on GP copies. So there are hundreds of people here who have experience they can share. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

I'm going to do the Dec side myself now,
All that's left is a halleffect sensor.
I hope everything goes well.
thank you