Can I use this Meade Controller with OnStep? #wemos #EQ3

I'm currently building an OnStep WEMOS CNC# implementation for a Orion Astroview EQ3-2 and I have this Meade hand controller (from an ETX-125).  I plan on using the Android APP and Stellarium as the main controllers but wanted a basic hand controller to move the mount around.  Can I use this as a basic controller?  Is anyone familiar with the pinout of its connector and how to interface with OnStep?

George Cushing

Sure great source great source for a coiled RJ-45 cable=:)  Otherwise no, it has no use.

These are known as the Autostar #492, I think they were formally called the EC for electronic controller. they had no goto capability. Meade sold a kit (part #492) with this controller, two controller equipped drives, worm and worm wheels and a junction panel. The kit was intended to retrofit Meade DS telescopes with a drive system. Also the early ETX-90s were sold as the ETX-90-EC. The Autostar controller was a accessory that gave the mount goto capability.

The #492 drives were the same, as were used in the ETX-90, except they were enclosed for external use. In the '00s they were popular for "Roboscoping" other mounts.  Roboscoped Vixen GT.

The EC has a microcontroller that issues LX200 protocol commands for tracking and corrections. Four correction speeds are available and the tracking speed is adjustable.

"Guilherme Vênere

If the hand controller is compatible with ST4 protocol it should work, right? I tested my Losmandy hand controller with OnStep and it worked fine to move the telescope (although i had to change speed via web interface).

I had one of these controllers but recently sold them so i can't test it anymore.

Guilherme