Khalid Baheyeldin

If you use beta (4.x) you can configure a fan as a FEATURE in Config.h.

Alternately, you can just use BigTreeTech TMC5160 V1.2, and not add a fan at all.

John Petterson

Is it a 5V or 12V fan?  5V you can just plug it into any 5V pin on the S6.  12V may be tricky if you are going to power the S6 from a higher voltage as I am not sure if ther is a 12V regulator.  But it should be fine f you can use a 12V source.

Dave Schwartz

Configuration of the Aux features is described in this Wiki https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/19055 (pay no attention to the name 'master' - it was written back in the day when this way of configuring aux features was new when 4.x was the master).

The S6 pinmap defines Fan0Pin, Fan1Pin and Fan2Pin for use as the FEATUREn_PIN.

On 2021-04-28 7:09 p.m., Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
If you use beta (4.x) you can configure a fan as a FEATURE in Config.h.

Alternately, you can just use BigTreeTech TMC5160 V1.2, and not add a fan at all.

Juan Sebastian

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 06:32 PM, Dave Schwartz wrote:
Fan0Pin
Nope im not sure im doing this well, it is something like this? BTW this is the fan: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNxWnzr

#define FEATURE_LIST_DS               ON
#define FEATURE1_NAME          "FAN1"
#define FEATURE1_PURPOSE              OFF
#define FEATURE1_TEMP                 OFF
#define FEATURE1_PIN                  Fan0Pin
#define FEATURE1_DEFAULT_VALUE        OFF

Dave Schwartz

I haven't done a fan myself but I'm pretty sure that _PURPOSE OFF isn't going to work.

Fans on 3D-printer boards are usually capable of speed control (using PWM) rather than just on/off so the Fan0Pin should be PWM-capable. That said, you could probably use _PURPOSE SWITCH (for on/off... this is virtually guaranteed to work) or _PURPOSE ANALOG_OUT (which should allow speed control via PWM). When the PURPOSE is SWITCH, the interface in the app or web server would appear as just ON/OFF buttons, when ANALOG_OUT it should appear as a slider.

You're in relatively uncharted territory here... enjoy experimenting!

P.S. You don't need FEATURE_LIST_DS. That's only to dump a list of the DS18b20 One-Wire temperature probes detected and only works when DEBUG VERBOSE is set too.

Nope im not sure im doing this well, it is something like this? BTW this is the fan: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNxWnzr <https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNxWnzr>

#define FEATURE_LIST_DS               ON
#define FEATURE1_NAME          "FAN1"
#define FEATURE1_PURPOSE              OFF
#define FEATURE1_TEMP                 OFF
#define FEATURE1_PIN                  Fan0Pin
#define FEATURE1_DEFAULT_VALUE        OFF

Szasa66

Hi!

I connect 12V 40mm low noise fan to this connector:

I have use S6 v2 board with 19V power supply, and that pins have 12V. Fan works normally, but can't contorll it. It start automatically.

Sandor

Dave Schwartz

Those are the pins directly from the 12V regulator. OnStep can't control those. You need to connect your fan to one of the FAN connectors below that and define an Auxiliary Feature to allow OnStep to control it.

On May 19, 2021 4:24:03 p.m. EDT, Szasa66 <szasa6@...> wrote:
Hi!

I connect 12V 40mm low noise fan to this connector:

I have use S6 v2 board with 19V power supply, and that pins have 12V. Fan works normally, but can't contorll it. It start automatically.

Sandor

Szasa66

Bacause I use low noise fan, not problem if the cooler run always, but I will try to set up and connet to FAN0 pins. Thanks!

Dave Schwartz

Well, you said that you wanted to control it and implied that starting automatically was not what you wanted so this is the only way to do it outside of a physical switch. With an OnStep SWITCH feature, you'll get ON/OFF but with ANALOG you will probably get speed control too.

Juan Sebastian

12v fan direct to the others pins works, but im unable to make the 5v fan work with the features, this is on my config i tried both fan0pin and fan1pin, switch and analog, but nothing happens

#define FEATURE_LIST_DS               OFF //    OFF, temporarily set ON to list ds18b20 and ds2413 device serial numbers.     Adjust
#define FEATURE1_NAME          "FAN1" // "FE..", Name of feature being controlled.                                        Adjust
#define FEATURE1_PURPOSE              SWITCH //    OFF, SWITCH, ANALOG_OUT, DEW_HEATER, INTERVALOMETER.                          Option
#define FEATURE1_TEMP                 OFF //    OFF, DS1820, n. Where n is the ds18b20 s/n for DEW_HEATER temperature.        Adjust
#define FEATURE1_PIN                  Fan1Pin //    OFF, AUX, DS2413, n. Where n is ds2413 s/n (gpio0) or n=0 to 255 (pin#.)      Adjust
#define FEATURE1_DEFAULT_VALUE        OFF //    OFF, ON, n. Where n=0..255 for ANALOG_OUT purpose.                            Adjust

Juan Sebastian

Nvm i was able to make it work the cables were bad from factory, that was the issue