How do I Implement PEC into my Vicen GP? #EQ5

Sam

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there are build examples of how PEC was implemented into their EQ5?

I have a Hall Effect sensor and a 5mm x 2mm N52 magnet.

Khalid Baheyeldin

My mount is not an EQ5, but the principle is the same.
You glue the magnet anywhere on the worm gear, and have the sensor close to it.

Here is a video I made of the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysyPAHp5Z0

Sam

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 07:16 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
My mount is not an EQ5, but the principle is the same.
You glue the magnet anywhere on the worm gear, and have the sensor close to it.

Here is a video I made of the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysyPAHp5Z0

To clarify, the magnet goes into the pulley of the RA worm gear right?

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 10:50 AM, Sam wrote:
To clarify, the magnet goes into the pulley of the RA worm gear right?
In my case, it does not matter which pulley the magnet goes on.
But that is a special case, because my pulleys are 1:1.

In any other case when the pulleys are different, the magnet MUST go on
the pulley that is on the worm gear's shaft.