#error #wmosd1 #wemosd1minipro #maxesp3 #error #maxesp3 #wmosd1 #wemosd1minipro

multioskar28@...

Hello,
i recently started to build my own Onstep controller using the MaxESP3 build. Everything has gone allright so far, i have made a connection to my STM32S through the Serial monitor and Onstep works as it should. However, as i uploaded the firmware to my ESP8266EX (Wemos D1 mini pro) i ran to some problems and am not able to proceed. Uploading the firmware went without a hitch, but now after powering Wemos, the blue led doesnt blink and just stays solid... I have tried reflashing and erasing the current flash many times without any avail. Anyone had a same problem or can someone maybe lend a helping hand as i am quiet new to Arduino.

Thank you

Robert Benward

The WEMOS blue LED SHOULD BE solid.  That means it has connected to the ESP32 on the main board.  When powering up, it will blink, then when it connects, it will go solid.  Then it will either be in a station mode (192.168.x.x in your browser), or Access Point, where you would look to join the "OnStep" network.  Beware when you program your home network name in the software, as with the password, it is case sensitive.

Bob

Khalid Baheyeldin

Several people reported problems with the Wemos Pro version.
If you do not have a metal case for the controller, then use a regular Wemos D1 Mini (not Pro), and it is almost guaranteed to work.

Another thing to check is which version of the ESP8266 board manager you are using. The later versions tend to cause problems. Check the versions on the Wiki and stick to those.

multioskar28@...

Problem is, it doesnt go through the connection phase when powering on. The led just is solid to sign that there is power… But listening to Khalids suggestion and ordering a different board. Lost almost all my hair with this 😅

Thank you for your replies, hope i eill get my board soon to work 💪

multioskar28@...

Seems to be a issue with Arduino IDE aswell as it doesnt want to update my flash on my ESP either… need to investigate whats up :/

Mike Ahner

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 10:24 AM, <multioskar28@...> wrote:
Seems to be a issue with Arduino IDE aswell as it doesnt want to update my flash on my ESP either… need to investigate whats up :/
Same potential issue mentioned by Khalid, be sure to check the version numbers for your Arduino ESP board and verify in the Wiki that you're using a version that works.

Robert Benward

multioskar28@...
11:24am

FYI, I ordered a second WEMOS from Amazon when I had trouble with the device connecting to my wifi (my issues and mistakes).  The board did not work, so I returned it. Same board, same software,  no pulse (metaphorically),  different results.   I eventually found the problems with my settings in software.  Don't assume the WEMOS board itself is working.  Pick up another one (get the non-pro as Khalid suggested) and try that.

Also, when making these changes, in SmartWebServer, in ConfigX.h, keep the NV_WIPE=ON until you solve your problems.  This will make sure all the minor changes you have set in the file will get programmed.

#define NV_WIPE                      OFF //         OFF, Causes the defaults to be written back into NV (FLASH,EEPROM,etc.)  Infreq

Bob