STM32F411 #bluepill

steven.sharp2@...

Hi All, This is my first post so be nice, I have managed to successfully integrate Onstep onto my EQ5 mount and everything was working a dream until I blue up my Bluepill. I have been looking at my options and decided to go the upgrade route and purchase an STM32F411 I purchased 2 as it seems the bluepill is now difficult to get hold off and thought if I have a little mistake in the future I will have a spare. So I now have 2 x STM32F411RET6 64 pin Nucleo-64 PCB will this be ok as a substitute or will I need to change any of the software parameters.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 06:30 AM, <steven.sharp2@...> wrote:
decided to go the upgrade route and purchase an STM32F411 I purchased 2 as it seems the bluepill is now difficult to get hold off and thought if I have a little mistake in the future I will have a spare. So I now have 2 x STM32F411RET6 64 pin Nucleo-64 PCB will this be ok as a substitute or will I need to change any of the software parameters.
None of the Nucleo boards are supported.
That is, there is no tested pin map for any of them.

Check the Wiki for boards that do have actual pin maps in the latest stable OnStep.

steven.sharp2@...

Thanks Khalid,  Looks like i will have to purchase the correct pcb rather than buying the first pcb that popped up via search engine.

s.dera@...

Does anyone know where you can buy the STM32F103C8T6 Blue Pill or RobotDyn STM32F303CC ? Seems like they are out of stock everywhere.

Yen Quy <quy_yen@...>

I got them from here, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KFK12V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm thinking of getting couple spares from here, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32277017474.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.43cd3c00azuuCH&mp=1
Even though it says 64KB flash, but it'll work in Arduino sketch with setting for 128 KB flash.  At least that my experience with the ones I got from Amazon.  It works with Onstep sketch just fine.

s.dera@...

Thanks! The ones from Amazon are currently not available. Aliexpress takes over a month to deliver and the last time I ordered 64KB flash STM32 I was not able to upload Onstep, so I am a bit more cautios this time.

David Underwood

I got the pair from Amazon. One worked, and one did not.
I thought the LEAF was equivalent with 128k, but the pinout is different.
Anyway, I now have bluepill working.
--
David