Tracking #wemos

Johnnie Pattison

WeMos and CNC v3 build. Raspberry Pi v4 with INDI server. Nikon D90, ZWO guide camera and the mount configured in INDI.  So, I get everything set up, and turned on. Using an Android tablet, I use Bluetooth to connect to OnStep. I set time, and do an alignment. I leave the telescope at the second star I aligned to. I go to tracking in the Android app and select tracking. OnStep starts tracking. I go inside. Once the tablet screen turns off, tracking stops. If I tell OnStep app to keep screen on, it continues to track. Is this expected behavior?

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:42 PM, Johnnie Pattison wrote:
I go to tracking in the Android app and select tracking. OnStep starts tracking. I go inside. Once the tablet screen turns off, tracking stops. If I tell OnStep app to keep screen on, it continues to track. Is this expected behavior?
I have never seen this.
I do use the Android application, but with WiFi, instead of Bluetooth.
Also, Bluetooth on the CNCv3 is directly inside the Wemos microcontroller.

Could it be that OnStep is blocking on polling Bluetooth if an external app is 'holding it'?

What happens if you start tracking, then exit the Android app?
Does the mount continues to track in that case?

Glenn Sammes

I have a similar action with a different configutation.

Blue Pill over WiFi. D1 mini. Android tablet. If the screen is left on all continues well.

Uncheck “keep screen on” to preserve the tablets battery then when I turn the screen on again (the tablet is still running)

Connection is lost.