Celestron AVX NEMA Stepper Mount/Enclosure Models/STLs? #celestron #mount

Ed Stroh

Hey all,

I'm considering purchasing a used AVX and converting it to OnStep. I've already done a conversion on a Meade LX65 so I'm familiar with the process. However, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to 3D modeling and prefer to stand on the shoulders of giants whenever possible than to have to start from scratch. I was thankfully able to use some excellent models by Roman Hujer on Thingiverse (check him out!) for my LX65 project which work wonderfully.

Can anyone provide or point me in the direction of some existing models for mounting NEMA stepper motors that would be compatible with the AVX? I know I'm not the first to pursue this project, so I have to assume they're out there somewhere.

Thanks, and clear skies to all!

-Ed

Khalid Baheyeldin

There is a wealth of 3D printed parts in the Files section of the Wiki.

Check it out, it may have what you need.

Ed Stroh

I see some stuff for CGEM in there but doesn't look like there's anything AVX-compatible. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks anyway!

George Cushing

Hey Ed, any photos of the LX65 conversion? I know of a few LS mounts that need help.

Ed Stroh

Hey George!

Sorry for the delay. Been a busy week. Here's an album. Custom items I made myself was a PSU enclosure and a small distribution block mounted to the side of the scope. It works great! I love it! Thanks for the parts and your support!

Paul Nixon <khobar95@...>

Hi Ed,

Looks good!

What material did you use?