Onstep stuck after every slew #fysetc #S6

Juan Sebastian

Hi guys,

I built a S6 onstep with 200 steps motors on a EQ3, and here is my problem, every time when i slew, it successfully moves to the target, but it doesnt finish the slew, it remains blocked like it was still moving. Because of this im unable to sync, and / or move to a second target, any ideas about what could be the problem? And how to fix this?

More info for this

- Onstep Version 4.23r
- 1.8deg motors 17HS4401 Nema 17 1.7A
- x2 TMC2130
 -Stellarium (desktop) is used to do the slews

Ill post my config file as soon as im back at home

Khalid Baheyeldin

Did you try a different OnStep client, for example, the Android app?

Juan Sebastian

Ok more info, it works with stellarium the unusual behaviour happens when i move from east to west wich is a usual thing for me to do since im in Bogota Colombia at 4° 35'56'  and that's almost my horizon/skyline

if im moving to objetives in the same area (e or w 4 example from north to pleyades and then to orion neb) this does not happen, i think this is related to a safeguard to you guys Northerners since that's your zenith and the telescope should rotate before continue its slew ¿Any way to disble it? currently the only way for me to do this kind of slews id to go to home first and then move from there to the other side

Khalid Baheyeldin

From Android (or the web interface), what do you have as a horizon limit?
I have -10 and it works well for a short tube (SCT).
A longer tube may need a different value.

Juan Sebastian

Is a 130/500mm tube mi horizon limit is -30, and upwards 90

Juan Sebastian

FYI this is my nigth sky, i can move freely rigth or left from north but if i cross it that's where i get stuck

Khalid Baheyeldin

If your mount is equatorial, then OnStep's behaviour is different from
what other mounts do. By default, when moving from one side of the
meridian (e.g. east) to the other side (e.g. west), OnStep will move
one axis first, then the next until both are at the home position (with
the scope pointing to your celestial pole), then it will start to move to
the requested position in the other hemisphere.

Maybe it is best if you can make a video showing what is going on,
both the mount and what you are controlling it from (best client
is the Android app).

Do not attach the video to your reply. Please post it on Youtube or
some other server, and send us the link.