Goto off

George Cushing

Tearing my hair out on this for s few weeks trying to build motor cables. So I dug into it and seems to me that the problem of driver outputs goes back to the original Allegro Micro Demo board's design. The A4988ET IC was laid out with four outputs for bipolar steppers. Pin 24 was Channel 1 OutA (1A), pin 21 was Channel 1 OutB (1B), pin 28 was Channel 2 OutA (2A) and pin 1 was Channel 2 OutB (2B). Where 1A /1B connected to the motor's coil A and 2A/2B went to coil B. When laying out the Demo board it was easier to present the pinouts in the order of 2B, 2A, 1A &1B.

Then Pololu Electronics came along, grabbed the A4988ET and designed their motor driver carrier. In doing this they adopted the pinout odder of the Demo board, that is,  2B, 2A, 1A &1B. Pretty much all the succeeding drivers followed their lead. A notable exception is the ST820 from FYSEC.

This pin layout is a bit counter intuitive in that the first connection reading down the carrier is the last connection of the stepper. The confusion this engenders is made only worse by the use of various step motor makers to designate the motor inputs using A+/A-( A/B, A'/A, A/B, etc.) for the first coil and B+/B-, etc for the second.

Here's my cue card for the drivers I use. TMC2130, 2209, 5160, A4988, DVR8825 and LV8729.

GregM

Will give it a go tomorrow thanks Chad

On 11 Oct 2021, at 23:42, Chad Gray <rchadgray@...> wrote:
Also check your time and date is correct.  If your motors are good then your time/date/location is off.  Use the bluetooth app to sync the date/time and enter your GPS coordinates.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 6:40 PM Chad Gray < rchadgray@...> wrote:
Sounds like you need to test each motor to see if they need to be reversed.  You can reverse them in software or wiring.

As long as your steps per degree are accurate in config.h the mount should move in the proper direction and be about 90% accurate if the mount is polar aligned.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 6:27 PM GregM < gmoorex@...> wrote:
Hi, im using the Bluetooth app but having some Goto issues.  I  manually polar aligned the mount .  Tried Caph in Cassiopeia to the NE. Telescope moves WNW and is basically parallel to the ground.

Tried Jupiter South West, mount turns North East and pointing towards the ground.

Guessing it's a software configuration issue,  any ideas? Thanks

Eric Esch

simple thing to check that got me recently is onstep randomly flipping or dropping the “+” or “-“ in your alt and long settings. Mine flipped the sign on my location and the mount was moving backwards. Simple to check and reset. Also NINA didn’t catch the change either which was weird. Check in on the web interface vs what your controller software shows like apt or NINA etc.

Chad Gray