FYsetc S6 GPS

Gerry Byrne

My GPS does not appear to function and I note Khalid's comment here about defining the GPS serial port as
 #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600
And wired it to PC10 and PC11 on EXP1

Checking my setup I find that my Config h defines the serial_GPS as Serial 2 but that I had been connecting to EXP1 as Khalid mentions above. Is it possible to correct this without re-flashing the board again? For example by connecting elsewhere?
Gerry

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 at 19:11, Chris Whitener <chris.whitener@...> wrote:
Kahlid, Did you move the GPS from RX3/TX3 to the softserial pins?
was this done to shutup the incessant spewing from the GPS?
We only need the info once a night.

--
Copernicus

Khalid Baheyeldin

For OnStepX, I used this:

  #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define TIME_LOCATION_PPS_SENSE HIGH
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600

It compiles.

But I have not tested X on the S6 for a while, because it is still in flux.

Chris Whitener

Khalid, sorry...  The OnstepX code(10.05f) is setup to use softserial on PA2 PA3.  Also alternately can I use the DS3231 on the I2C buss pins already on the board.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 02:11 PM, Chris Whitener wrote:
Kahlid
That is Khalid ... common error though ...

Did you move the GPS from RX3/TX3 to the softserial pins?
No.

was this done to shutup the incessant spewing from the GPS?
We only need the info once a night.

I have always used the following:

  #define TIME_LOCATION_SOURCE    GPS
  #define SERIAL_GPS              Serial3
  #define SERIAL_GPS_BAUD         9600

And wired it to PC10 and PC11 on EXP1, as in the pictures on
the Wiki page.

Once the GPS gets a fix and starts providing PPS, OnStep stops
reading that port, so the info from it is ignored anyway.

Chris Whitener