Help with tmc2130 #tmc2130 #mini

Axel

Hi everyone,
I'm currently building a MiniPCB 2 and having doubts about the driver FYSETC TMC2130 1.1. The one that's sold locally is this one:

TMC2130 V1.1 Stepstick Stepper Motor Driver For SPI Function with Heat Sink  for 3D Printer
It has SDO, CS, SCK and SDI pins pointing up. Do I have to resolder them so that they point in the same direction?
Thanks.
Axel

Howard Dutton

Yes, the pins all need to point down, otherwise its the correct driver (SPI mode TMC21300.)

Axel

Thanks for replying, does the 2130 have a non spi version? Or all the v1.1 includes spi?

Mike Ahner

On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 10:44 AM, Axel wrote:
Thanks for replying, does the 2130 have a non spi version? Or all the v1.1 includes spi?
The Trinamic 2130 chip all have SPI, BUT, the Silent StepStick boards we use are manufactured from a generic TMC design and each companies implemention if the driver board varies.

It's important to note that the version numbers, e.g. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.x etc., are only for that board manufacturer and not standardized in any way. Your FYSETC v1.1 is likely to be different from others.

Mike Ahner

On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 10:44 AM, Axel wrote:
does the 2130 have a non spi version?
Those versions are usually described as "DIY" or Non-SPI, something like that.

George Cushing

FYSECT V1.1. SPI mode, SPI pin out (top) you must connect wires to your board and config the firmware for it otherwise the stepper can't run. TMC2130 FYSECT WIKI