Having challenges with the browser interface, need help!.

Peter Boreland

I'm having problems with the browser interface when accessing Onstep using an Apple tablet.

Is it possible to move  the mount via the interface?  I have know idea what the picture buttons mean. When I touch them  nothing changes on the screen. Nothing happens. Most of the time it appears that the browser thinks I want to edit the text. There is no change of colour to indicate a button has been pressed. I.e. No change of state. That said I have successfully recorded PEC, so I know that sometimes stuff happens when I touch a button.

Is is there a document or video explaining the control interface. I know this may seem like a dumb question, but I getting very frustrated with the whole browser interface arrangement. Thinking it should be rewritten/redesigned.

Peter

Chad Gray

I believe Howard integrated a tiny bit of CSS code to keep the buttons from being "selected".

Not sure what version it is in.  I only tested it on my local SWS code.

Chad

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 8:46 AM Peter Boreland via groups.io <pcboreland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having problems with the browser interface when accessing Onstep using an Apple tablet.

Is it possible to move  the mount via the interface?  I have know idea what the picture buttons mean. When I touch them  nothing changes on the screen. Nothing happens. Most of the time it appears that the browser thinks I want to edit the text. There is no change of colour to indicate a button has been pressed. I.e. No change of state. That said I have successfully recorded PEC, so I know that sometimes stuff happens when I touch a button.

Is is there a document or video explaining the control interface. I know this may seem like a dumb question, but I getting very frustrated with the whole browser interface arrangement. Thinking it should be rewritten/redesigned.

Peter

Peter Boreland

Chad,

I think this must be the case. Do I have to edit the ccs code out? Why was it added?

Peter

Chad Gray

I mean there is a version of SWS that the buttons should not act that way.  Long press on a button should not turn into select text.

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:45 PM Peter Boreland via groups.io <pcboreland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Chad,

I think this must be the case. Do I have to edit the ccs code out? Why was it added?

Peter

Peter Boreland

Well looking at the control HTML code  it would seem that all the buttons are disabled except for the clock. ??

Peter Boreland

For example:

Clock button that works:
"<button name='qb' class='bb' value='st' onpointerdown='SetDateTime();' title='" L_HINT_CLOCK "' type='submit'>" CLOCK_CH "</button>"

Park and unpark buttons that are disabled
"<button id='unpark' class='bb' onpointerdown=\"g('pu')\" title='" L_HINT_UNPARK "' type='button' disabled>P" ARROW_UR "</button>"
"<button id='park' class='bb' onpointerdown=\"g('pk')\" title='" L_HINT_PARK "' type='button' disabled>" ARROW_DR "P</button>";

Peter

Peter Boreland

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 10:00 AM, Chad Gray wrote:
I mean there is a version of SWS that the buttons should not act that way.  Long press on a button should not turn into select text.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Chad. Where do I get this version? Do you have a copy you could email me?

Peter