android app menu button

drathomas

Hi,
I just updated my Fornax 50 mount with an OnStep controller and I am still beginning to learn a lot of 'how to's'.  So this is my first post to the group :-)
I installed the android app on two cell phones. On a Samsung S9 OnStep connects fine but on a Samsung S3 the app's main screen shows no menu button (the three dots at upper right) so I can't connect to OnStep. Android version is 4.4.4 so that should not be an issue. The cell phone itself is connected to OnStep via WLAN, mobile data are off. Any ideas what is going wrong?

cs Axel

Chris Whitener

I have the same issue.  Try changing the resolution of the screen.  That worked for me but buggered my dji apps. Sigh...

drathomas

Chris,

thanks for the hint, but changing the screen resolution seems difficult. Android 4.4.4 appears to have no screen resolution option .   Will check if I can upgrade the OS.

Dr. Axel Thomas

www.geoatwork.de

Von: Chris Whitener
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Juni 2022 16:45
An: main@onstep.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [onstep] android app menu button

I have the same issue.  Try changing the resolution of the screen.  That worked for me but buggered my dji apps. Sigh...

drathomas

Obviously I have to connect the cell phone to a PC and use the android debug bridge to set the screen resolution on my Samsung S3. Never done that before so let's see where this leads...

drathomas

Chris,

thanks for the hint, but Android 4.4.4 appears to have no screen resolution option .   I am trying to change the cellphone resolution with ADB but that's quite another story.

drathomas

Did you increase or decrease the resolution? I tried both size and resolution changes but so far I see no effect whatever I try.

Dave Schwartz

It's also possible that the Android screen class interface used to create the submenu icon/callback that is used currently in the app just isn't compatible with 4.4.4, which was released on Halloween over 8 years ago. These things happen.

drathomas

Dave, right, might be a software problem. I'll check if there's a chance to update the OS. Maybe that helps.