Complete DIY guiding mount #arduino #ascom #drv8825 #ds3231 #skyplanetarium

joshuamartin296@...

Hello everyone,
First things first this appears to be an amazing group with a wonderful project behind it. Second, I’m planning on making my own equatorial mount, capable of carrying around 75-80 lbs and I want to incorporate this system because I recently attempted the rDUINOScope system and my results were…not the best. So I have a lot of the components laying around and was wondering if it would be possible to make a goto scope that could be controlled through a serial port on stellarium and also have autoguiding and maybe even a motorized focuser if I’m feeling a little extra😂. I see all the posts but I’m overwhelmed and not sure where to start. Some pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Below is a list of components I currently have:
Arduino Due
Arduino Nano
DRV8825 drivers
DS3231 RTC
Various components such as resistors, caps, regulators etc.
plenty of Vera board!

Hoping this will be a fun project!
thanks!
Josh

Chad Gray

The Wiki is all organized and will help you narrow down the type of build you want to do.

This one is very popular.  With LV8729 drivers you do not need the extra wiring that the TMC drivers need on this board so it is pretty plug and play.  It is a great one to get your feet wet and learn the in/outs of an OnStep system.

Then if you want to build something from the ground up you can with the new knowledge that you have.

Chad