#fysetc #TMC2209 #Vorn2.4 #uart #wifi #onstepx #same54p20 #uart #wifi #onstepx #same54p20 #fysetc

jason pichot

I ran across this board and would like to know if it would be compatible with onstep? if not, would anyone be interested/willing to help be compile onstep to be compatible?

Considering the processor and the built-in stepper drivers and wifi! it would make a great all in one purchase to get an onstep project set up right away, all you gotta do is mount your motor drivers, setup the config file, and upload! instant success in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M89R363/?coliid=I358MAZSBLBA1G&colid=3S4GHYU5ZLXE6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.fysetc.com/products/fysetc-big-dipper-board-duet-3-mini-5-wifi-upgrade-motherboard-3d-printer-control-board-for-voron-blv-3d-printer-cnc-machine?variant=41054218387631

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 10:01 PM, jason pichot wrote:
I ran across this board and would like to know if it would be compatible with onstep?
No.

if not, would anyone be interested/willing to help be compile onstep to be compatible?
I have no personal interest in it.

Howard Dutton

The FYSETC E4 was the last board that support was added for (OnStepX.)

Just yesterday the ESP32 gained the ability to run the website internally (again OnStepX.)

It's all somewhat experimental, but the E4 is looking like a very promising option for many users.

George Cushing

The ATSAME54P20A MCU doesn't seem to offer anything that would be superior to ESP32-S1. Additionally, it doesn't appear to have Arduino IDE support, rather is requires Microchip's MPLAB environment. FYSETC offers two 3D print controllers with the ESP32-S1 starting at $18 on AliExpress. OnStep development for the $30 E4 is underway. Based on recent announcements I go the extra $3 for the external antenna model.

jason pichot

I understand, I just assumed it would have been a great board to integrate your project onto considering it has raspberry pi uart communication built-in being a clone of the Duet 3 Mini 5+, it could allow onstep to offload processing and communicate to/from a pi or other SMCs allowing the creation of very compact DIY radio telescope projects using your software as the controller. I'm not huge into microcontrollers and programming, I've just not sat down to indulge myself in the industry just yet. I'm only a mechanical engineer for now lol.

but anyway, thanks for the response. I'll look into the E4 to use onstepX with my dob.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 08:34 PM, jason pichot wrote:
but anyway, thanks for the response. I'll look into the E4 to use onstepX with my dob.
Or use the FYSETC S6.