Problem Lines RA & Dec SSD1309

Sylvain Mennessier

Hello, I'm finally finishing my SHC with an ESP32 and an SSD1309 LCD. I couldn't get the screen to work with U8G2 v2.31.2 but with v2.32.15 it's OK. On the other hand, I have a display problem for the RA & Dec lines, on the right side a piece is missing, at least 1 number and the unit symbols. Have you ever had this problem? Thanks, Sylvain

Robert Benward

Sylvain,
Please attach a picture of the screen.

Bob

Sylvain Mennessier

Dave Schwartz

That's a very odd display module. The one that is usually used has 4 pins along the top and a narrower aspect ratio.

On July 25, 2022 3:18:48 p.m. EDT, Sylvain Mennessier <mennsylv@...> wrote:

Robert Benward

This is the display that George provides with Dave's design.  Note the 4 pins at the top that Dave referred to.

I think it should be a SSD1306.

https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Serial-SSH1106-Display-Arduino/dp/B01MRR4LVE/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B01MRR4LVE&th=1

Bob

Sylvain Mennessier

I found the post that talks about this problem where it says that you have to use the main branch !!!!

Sylvain Mennessier

Yes but this LCD is a 1.3", mine and 2.4".
Despite research, I had not seen the post that talked about this problem.
Howard fixed the problem in the main version, and it works perfectly.
Sylvain

George Cushing

This is as used on Ken Hunter's PCB.

image.png