STM32F411 support #stm32

jean.x.durand@...

Hello,

I am new to OnStep and trying to install it for the first time. I use a STM32F411 controler and LV8729 drivers
It seems that the STM32F411 is supported by OnStep as the MAXSTM uses it

I installed the STM32 boards in the arduino IDE and selected the "Generic STM32F4 series"
When I compile I get the following error :

" \OnStep\OnStep\src\HAL\HAL.h:98:4: error: #error "Unsupported Platform! If this is a new platform, it needs the appropriate entries in the HAL directory."
   98 |   #error "Unsupported Platform! If this is a new platform, it needs the appropriate entries in the HAL directory."

The board is well listed in its HAL.h file but I am unable to solve this error.
If by any chance one of you has an idea on that I would really appreciate some help !
have a nice day
jean

Chad Gray

There are very specific instructions for this.  Check that you have all of the libraries listed on this page.  The version are very specific.

Getting the Additional Libraries

There are several additional Arduino libraries that OnStep and its companion software might need depending on the Config.h options enabled.

Download and unzip the archive contents in your ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries folder to add support for any of these if needed.

Then look for the section on flashing STM32F411.
  • For the STM32F411 and STM32F401 BlackPill:
    • These have an ROM based DFU (default USB port) capable boot loader for firmware upload.
    • Board Generic STM32F4 seriesBoard part number BlackPill STM32F411 (or BlackPill STM32F401).
    • Upload method STM32CubeProgrammer (DFU).
    • U(S)ART Support Enabled (no generic 'Serial').
    • USB Support CDC (generic 'serial' superseded U(S)ART).
    • Press and hold button BOOT0 while powering on or resetting then release BOOT0.
    • On Linux, if you installed the stm32flash program, then use the command: stm32flash -g 0x8000000 -b 115200 -w /path/to/OnStep.ino.bin /dev/ttyUSB0

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 3:31 PM <jean.x.durand@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much Chad !
I did all that and now it compile well, my main mistake was to forget to select a part number
Thanks for your valuable help.
jean