Topics

Abandoning Blue/Black Pill. What Next?

Gerry Byrne

Just encountered this 303 potential source. However, is this a board or simply the processor?

https://www.components-store.com/product/STMicroelectronics/STM32F303CCT6.html
Gerry

On 25/11/2020 23:13, Gerry Byrne via groups.io wrote:
Hi All,
Just heard from RobotDyn to say they are cancelling my Black Pill order because of "IC defects" and instructing me to claim back my cash. A supplier I tracked down in Bucharest with Black Pill (303) stock is also refunding me saying it cannot ship outside Romania.

I think that draws a firm line under my STM32 project because I cannot get a 303 board. None of the five 103 boards I now have works. I think the rest of my build is good because I did succeed in getting an earlier one flashed, only to burn it in an accidental current overload event.

I want to complete an Onstep installation because I have already equipped my Dob with toothed drives and bearings in addition to investing in two geared stepper motors.

What should I try next? Will I be able to re-use any of the components I have already got or should I just cut my losses and start afresh?

Gerry Byrne

--
Copernicus

--
Copernicus

Khalid Baheyeldin

It says "IC" so most likely, it is the chip only.

As was discussed in another thread, these do fit the normal Blue Pill board, but
needs special skills and tools, since they are surface mount components.

Dave Schwartz

From the price, that's only the chip. The boards are about 4 times that expensive.

On 2020-11-25 6:42 p.m., Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
It says "IC" so most likely, it is the chip only.

As was discussed in another thread, these do fit the normal Blue Pill board, but
needs special skills and tools, since they are surface mount components.

Gerry Byrne

Dave,
Thought as much - too good to be true.
Gerry

From the price, that's only the chip. The boards are about 4 times that expensive.

On 2020-11-25 6:42 p.m., Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
It says "IC" so most likely, it is the chip only.

As was discussed in another thread, these do fit the normal Blue Pill board, but
needs special skills and tools, since they are surface mount components.

--
*Copernicus*

Mike Ahner

Yes, it's described as an IC (Integrated Circuit) not a Development Board and the Supplier Device Package is a 48 LQFP (7x) which is 48 pin flatpack Surface Mount Device.