Accelerometer Based Limit Switch

Peter Boreland

In my G11 conversion (here), I've decided, as folks here have advocated, to add limit switches to my setup. In looking at this problem I came across this design that uses an accelerometer to programmatically define the western and eastern limits.

https://kor-astro.net/detail/limit_switch/ap1200_limit_switches.html

While designed in this description to fit into the polar scope of an AP1200 mount, I'm going instead to locate it in the very small box next to the Dec axis stepper motor. I'm adding an additional feature to find the precise counter weight down position.

Both the DC power and Limit Sense (Aux7) signal will be carried on a stereo cable connection. I've eliminated both the relay and DC-DC converter in the above description, so should fit into this sixe project box here

Peter

Serge CLAUS

I made a similar system with an ESP8266:
https://github.com/plop3/Auxiliaire
It serves me as a limit sensor and a park position.
I am thinking of adding the possibility of emulating home sensors as well.

Peter Boreland

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 03:12 PM, Serge CLAUS wrote:
I made a similar system with an ESP8266:
https://github.com/plop3/Auxiliaire
It serves me as a limit sensor and a park position.
I am thinking of adding the possibility of emulating home sensors as well.
Serge,

I'm very interested in taking this further than the original design,. I'll look at this project. The park position would be very useful and I plan to add this this this design. How would you do the home sensor emulation. Would one need to add a gyro?

Peter