ALT-AZ and meridian limit OnStep 4.24

Chad Gray

I have my mount in ALT AZ mode and tracking does not progress through the southern meridian.  I get an AZ limit exceeded in the SWS and Sky Planetarium.

The ASCOM driver shows no editing of those limits.  There is no meridian flip options in Sky Planetarium also.

Do i need to change something in config.h?  I dont want tracking to just stop at the southern meridian.

THanks!
Chad

Chad Gray

I think i found my solution.  OnStepX  ALTAZM_UNL ALTAZM w/unlimited Azimuth motion

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 2:37 PM Chad Gray via groups.io <rchadgray=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have my mount in ALT AZ mode and tracking does not progress through the southern meridian.  I get an AZ limit exceeded in the SWS and Sky Planetarium.

The ASCOM driver shows no editing of those limits.  There is no meridian flip options in Sky Planetarium also.

Do i need to change something in config.h?  I dont want tracking to just stop at the southern meridian.

THanks!
Chad

Chad Gray

Ah bummer.. i tried tracking an object past the southern meridian with the ALTAZM_UL mode and it stopped at 179deg 46'