Topics

ALTAZM Meridian Limits in 5.1u

Jordi Sese

Hi All,

Sorry if it is already in the docs, but I have had no luck searching for it. My ALTAZM mount, when running v5.1u goes back to North when moving to an object past the Meridian line. How is pier side controlled in 5.1u for ALTAZM mounts? With 3.16 I don't have this problem. It goes past the South line from West as needed with the default configuration.

The Wiki says:
In FORK and ALTAZM (Dobsonians etc.) modes Meridian Limits are disabled allowing a full range of motion but in a single orientation without Meridian Flips.

I have even tried these settings with no success:

#define AXIS1_LIMIT_MIN  -360
#define AXIS1_LIMIT_MAX  360

#define MFLIP_SKIP_HOME  ON/OFF (both options, same result)
#define PIER_SIDE_PREFERRED_DEFAULT  WEST/BEST   (both options, same result)

Have I missed anything? Is it a bug or a feature? I insist that 3.16 works fine with the default config, following what the wiki states.

Thanks a lot for your help. Regards from Barcelona,

Jordi.

Jordi Sese

Hi again,

I have downgraded 5.1u box to Beta (4.23o) and it does the very same thing.
I have tried to move manually across the South line (both from West and from East synced positions), but the motor stops at the line and I get the error: Azm limit exceeded.

Any clues on how to avoid this limit, or is it a bug? I insist that in 3.16 it works fine, no Azm limit errors.

I'm attaching my config.h for v4/5 just in case I missed something obvious...

Thanks for your help, and regards

Jordi.

Chip Louie

Hmm,

Have you verified your lat/lon are correct and that UTC and time zone are correct? This is what it feels like to me. Double check just for fun.

--

Chip Louie, Chief Daydreamer Imagination Hardware

Jordi Sese

Thanks for your answer Chip Louie,

Yes, kStars/eKos take care of that (location/UTC time/etc.) each time a connection is established. Besides, I use platesolving to align the scope. If those settings weren't correct, it would not work any goto or platesolving, and everything works fine.
If you have a look at my later message, I think I found a small initialization bug and now it works for me.

Thanks anyway for your interest. Regards,

Jordi.

Chip Louie

What later posts in this thread?
--

Chip Louie, Chief Daydreamer Imagination Hardware

Khalid Baheyeldin

Chip,

This is the fix that Jordi posted for the Alt Az limit error.