Topics

auto meridian flip

Hi
I have a question about the auto meridian  flip.
Does it work in the onstep latest master or only in 3.16 and the beta version ?
I am running the latest master on the stm32 blackpill and all seems to work fine  but not the auto flip ,if i use the flip now button it works great .

I have downloaded 3.16 and it will not compile  for the f3 boards ,I seem to remember it saying to use the blackpill it had to be the latest or master version .
Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas about this or  has had the same problem .
thanks chris

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 01:01 AM, chris jones wrote:
I have downloaded 3.16 and it will not compile  for the f3 boards ,I seem to remember it saying to use the blackpill it had to be the latest or master version .
That is correct, the F303CC board has support in beta (4.x) and master only.

I don't use meridian flips, so someone else has to answer that part.

Thanks Kalhid
Saves time trying to fix it, I will wait for Onstepx and see what happens.
Thanks chris

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, 6:23 am Khalid Baheyeldin, <kbahey@...> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 01:01 AM, chris jones wrote:
I have downloaded 3.16 and it will not compile  for the f3 boards ,I seem to remember it saying to use the blackpill it had to be the latest or master version .
That is correct, the F303CC board has support in beta (4.x) and master only.

I don't use meridian flips, so someone else has to answer that part.

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 02:20 PM, chris jones wrote:
Saves time trying to fix it, I will wait for Onstepx and see what happens.
The feature changed slightly in the master, perhaps it was broken?  I doubt it.  Irrelevant as the master is being dropped.
It has always worked in 3.16 and the beta AFAIK.

More likely you have settings such that the meridian limit is never reached to trigger the flip (ran into overhead limit first) or the destination coordinates are outside of limits (no meridian limit overlap region) so the flip is blocked.

Use Sky Planetarium if you'd like to see what the limits look like on a map.

Thanks Howard
 I will give it ago , and thank you for the great project of onstep.
 It has been a steep learning curve , but I am getting a better understanding each day .
Thanks to you and the team for the great support you give to us newbies .
Chris