Backslash training function

Hi all,

I have found a procedure for backslash adjusting here (https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/20943) but it requires Polaris star. I live in South hemisphere and cannot use Polaris here. Could I use a ground target instead?

Can a Backslash Training (BT) function be implemented in the web application? Maybe something similar to PA or Autostar Train Drive. Using some star and buttons to move the star to a target and let the system calculate the backslash?

Cheers,
Andre

Khalid Baheyeldin

Try the simpler day time backlash adjustment procedure that I described here.
If you have a camera with Live View zoom function, or high power eyepieces, it will be better.