Base Slew Rate and :R1-9# values

Allen Irvan

On the configuration spreadsheet there is the “Base Slew Rate Desired” value. The RPM of the motor is calculated from this value in the spreadsheet.  In the OnStep control syntax, do any of the “R” values for slew speed correspond to this “base rate”?

thanks,
Allen

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 02:50 PM, Allen Irvan wrote:
On the configuration spreadsheet there is the “Base Slew Rate Desired” value. The RPM of the motor is calculated from this value in the spreadsheet.  In the OnStep control syntax, do any of the “R” values for slew speed correspond to this “base rate”?
Not exactly, the guide rates R8 and R9 are Half-Max and Max.

"Max" is the currently selected goto rate, which is between 1/2x and 2x the base rate depending on what you have it set to.

Allen Irvan

Thanks Howard, that makes sense with what I’ve been seeing on my bench testing.

Allen