Blue Pill RoboDyn

robert utecht

Good Evening, I working on the Blue Pill with the RoboDyn chip, and I see that the flash cable to the chip is different than the blue pill, from the Flash - Run switch,  how does one changes the three wire cable and attach it to the the Black pill. I have installed all the software needed.

  Thanks Bob

Khalid Baheyeldin

On the RobotDyn, the 3 relevant pins (i.e. Boot0) are the ones closer to the USB connector on the board.
And the positions are different, if I remember correctly.
Wire only Boot0, and test the switch for which side is Run (LED comes up) vs. Flash (LED does not).

robert utecht

Thank you for the information Khalid will do, going to Flash it today.

Bob

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 7:24 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:
On the RobotDyn, the 3 relevant pins (i.e. Boot0) are the ones closer to the USB connector on the board.
And the positions are different, if I remember correctly.
Wire only Boot0, and test the switch for which side is Run (LED comes up) vs. Flash (LED does not).

robert utecht

I tried to compile OnStep but I get the error message -error compiling for board Generic STM32F3 series

  in my tools it looks like I have everything right.  Where do I need to check.

Bob

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 10:00 AM robert utecht <robertutecht@...> wrote:
Thank you for the information Khalid will do, going to Flash it today.

Bob

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 7:24 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:
On the RobotDyn, the 3 relevant pins (i.e. Boot0) are the ones closer to the USB connector on the board.
And the positions are different, if I remember correctly.
Wire only Boot0, and test the switch for which side is Run (LED comes up) vs. Flash (LED does not).

Mike Ahner

Hi Robert,

What version of OnStep? If you're using the STM32F303 chip, you need the Beta version 4.x of OnStep. I looked at the Wiki for the Blue Pill upload and the instructions don't seem to mention how to setup the RobotDyne STM32F303, so here's my IDE Tools windows:

Also, you might verify your config.h is set for STM32Blue
-Mike

robert utecht

Hi Mike yes I am using 4.x my  board looks the same.

Bob

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 10:04 PM Mike Ahner <mahner@...> wrote:
Hi Robert,

What version of OnStep? If you're using the STM32F303 chip, you need the Beta version 4.x of OnStep. I looked at the Wiki for the Blue Pill upload and the instructions don't seem to mention how to setup the RobotDyne STM32F303, so here's my IDE Tools windows:

Also, you might verify your config.h is set for STM32Blue
-Mike

George Cushing

Maybe this will help.

robert utecht

Wel iam getting closer I can Compile fine now. But I get the message. Error: no debug probe detected.     Am I in a debug mode?

Bob

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021, 8:36 PM George Cushing <stm32bluepill@...> wrote:
Maybe this will help.