Topics

Buying Teensy 3.2 for SHC

Plamen Dimitrov

Hello All,
just started to build a SHC and wonder whether  this TEENSY 3.2 from Aliexpress
Version 3.2: chip model MK20DX256
I/O port 34
FLASH memory 256Kbytes
RAM memory 65536bytes

will be suitable for SHC V1.12.
I initially planned to use ESP32 but got the PCB + parts for teensy PCB  by mistake and now I am searching a Teensy3.2 Basic to complete my SHC.
I know that the right place to search Teensy is the US, but it takes long  time to arrive in New Zealand ( longer than China).
I would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

Plamen

Kenric Ma

Hi Plamen,

You may try this NZ supplier: https://www.mindkits.co.nz/teensy-3-2.aspx

I have bought a few Teensy 3.2 from them for my OnStep projects.

You are paying a few bugs more than Aliexpress or ebay but the up side is it only takes a few days to arrive.

Cheers

Kenric

Plamen Dimitrov

Thanks Kenric,
Thanks a lot and you save me a lot of time and actually it is cheaper than eBay!
 I didn’t know they even exist here in NZ. I will order right now. Would you share any other Vendor‘s local links you may know regarding Astro diy stuff ?
Regards
Plamen

On 15/09/2020, at 10:58 AM, Kenric Ma <kenric_ma@...> wrote:

Hi Plamen,

You may try this NZ supplier: https://www.mindkits.co.nz/teensy-3-2.aspx

I have bought a few Teensy 3.2 from them for my OnStep projects.

You are paying a few bugs more than Aliexpress or ebay but the up side is it only takes a few days to arrive.

Cheers

Kenric

Kenric Ma

Hi Plamen,

Another vendor I have used is Mecha4makers: https://mecha4makers.co.nz

They mainly sell 3D printer parts but I found some useful mechanical parts in their web site for my projects.

Cheers

Kenric

George Cushing

In the U.S., I get them directly from www.pjrc.com. Their cheapest shipping is Priority post. So I order 10 at a time to get a unit price of $22. So your price is not so bad for a unit from a local source. Of course, I get them in two-three days.

Plamen Dimitrov

Thanks Kenric,
appreciated. By the way just received the teensy 3.2.

 Do you use services of someone in 3D printing?
Thanks
Plamen

Kenric Ma

Hi Plamen,

No, I don't, I have a 3D printer.

I know Warehouse Stationery can do 3D printing for customer but I don't know how much they charge.

You may do a Google search to find out.

Cheers

Kenric

Mike Ahner

Hi Plamen,

Depending on the size of your town or city, you may find a "maker club" near by. These are pretty common and likely will have some hobbyists who will be happy to help you 3D print something on the club's machines.  Or try the local high school or college, especially if the college has Adult Continuing Education classes. I'm not sure of the exact terms for New Zealand but you'll understand.

Good luck!
-Mike