Topics

Cannot conect focuser and telescope at the same time #mks

Carl Monfils

Hi,
I finally made the jump for a focuser setup. I can connect to the focuser and make it move in the ascom platform but the com port is busy for anything else. The problem is reversed if i connect the mount first. My goal is to control it with nina or apt via the ascom platform.
I am running a MKS GEN L 2.0 with OnStep 3.16 q 3.
I have installed the onstep on cue on focus 1.5.7 driver and the onstep setup 1.0.15 driver.
Can someone kindly guide me in the right direction please,
Thanks,
Carl

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:22 PM, Carl Monfils wrote:
Can someone kindly guide me in the right direction please,
http://www.stellarjourney.com/index.php?r=site/software_telescope

Carl Monfils

Sorry Howard but i have been on that page all day and still stuck... Do you think i should run onstep 4.17?

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:48 PM, Carl Monfils wrote:
Sorry Howard but i have been on that page all day and still stuck... Do you think i should run onstep 4.17?
The latest driver supports release-3.16, what you do is up to you.

Carl Monfils

Found it! I was running the mount with onstep chosen in the ascom device hub intead of onstep telescope.

Here is whats has worked for me:
ascom device hub -> tools-> setup-> telescope setup-> onstep telescope
ascom device hub -> tools-> setup-> focuser setup-> onstep focuser

Now, i can have them running simoultaniously

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 02:25 PM, Carl Monfils wrote:
Found it! I was running the mount with onstep chosen in the ascom device hub intead of onstep telescope.

Here is whats has worked for me:
ascom device hub -> tools-> setup-> telescope setup-> onstep telescope
ascom device hub -> tools-> setup-> focuser setup-> onstep focuser

Now, i can have them running simoultaniously
You can use a hub but it's not usually required with this new driver set.