Topics

Closed loop Stepper

forna_daane@...

Anyone have tried this motor?

Khalid Baheyeldin

There are lots of discussions in the past week or so on the MKS SERVO closed loop motors.
You have to avoid the SERVO42A, and try the SERVO42B.

They are very promising for OnStep, providing the most precise positioning of all tests that Howard conduction of motor/stepper combo.

One challenge is the need to run 6 logic wires per axis, and the fear of noise.

No one has actually tried them yet.

Serge CLAUS

Hello,
I ordered two MKS Servo42B motors.
Instead of waiting for delivery ;-)
My OnStep box is equipped with two DIN 4 and 5 pins for the motors.
I will replace them with 2 DIN 7 pins and network cable.
Wait and see ...

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 12:24 PM, Serge CLAUS wrote:
My OnStep box is equipped with two DIN 4 and 5 pins for the motors.
I will replace them with 2 DIN 7 pins and network cable.
Wait and see ...
We are waiting ...

Please share pictures of how the cables are attached, at both ends.