Topics

Connecting HC-05 Bluetooth to MKS Gen-L v1.0

Jamie Flinn

Looking for any diagrams or known working pin connections for this combination - I have WIFI working nicely on Serial 2 so wondering if there is also a way to have BOTH WeMOS D1 and HC-05 connected to the board at same time
Thanks

Khalid Baheyeldin

The Wiki page for Gen-L has info on this:

An HC05 or HC06 module can also work but will require level conversion circuitry going to its RX pin and I'll leave that to the user (google "hc05 voltage divider".)
The same page shows a diagram with TX1/RX1.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks – will try it tonight

The Wiki page for Gen-L has info on this:

An HC05 or HC06 module can also work but will require level conversion circuitry going to its RX pin and I'll leave that to the user (google "hc05 voltage divider".)

The same page shows a diagram with TX1/RX1.

Howard Dutton

As warned about in the Wiki:

MKS Gen-L has filtering caps (etc.) on the lines used for RX1/TX1 so that port doesn't function properly.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:13 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
MKS Gen-L has filtering caps (etc.) on the lines used for RX1/TX1 so that port doesn't function properly.
Since they are not useable, it is best to update the image with such a warning, or not highlighting them at all in it.

Jamie Flinn

Thanks….that want I saw in test yesterday -

MKS Gen-L has filtering caps (etc.) on the lines used for RX1/TX1 so that port doesn't function properly.