Topics

Connectors for frontal usage on the MINPCB1

andre_moutinho

Hi,

The MINPCB1 PCB for the EM10 has the connectors to be plugged on the board frontal side (not at the side such as 90 degree connectors).

Does anyone have the RJs, USB and power connector components models for such assembly and where I could find them?

Thanks
Andre

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:11 PM, andre_moutinho wrote:
Does anyone have the RJs, USB and power connector components models for such assembly and where I could find them?
The magic term is called: "vertical build".

Check the MiniPCB page, and scroll down to "Special notes for vertical build".

George Cushing

Yes, Andre, I can get them to you. I also have a few MiniPCBv1 PCBs,
George

andre_moutinho

Thats nice George, what is your email?

Do you also have such type of connectors for the MAXPCB?

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM, andre_moutinho wrote:

Do you also have such type of connectors for the MAXPCB?
The MaxPCB's are not designed for a vertical build.

andre_moutinho

Hello Howard,

What would be the problem to make a vertical buid with this pcb? I have measured the highest component as the 5/12 regulators but could solder it under the board and bend it to make the component body parallel the PCB under it. Others seems ok.

Best
Andre

George Cushing

Maybe not, but most RJ modular jacks are available in "top entry" or 180° models. I have R12 6P6C and RJ45 8P8C in 180s. I see these RJ11s are also available,

DE9 connectors can come with straight pins, too.